Best CompTIA A+ Certification Books
Here are some best CompTIA A+ certification books that toptalkedbooks.com recommended.
Hope these will help you to improve your skills.
A+ is the gateway certification into many IT careers and can be essential in order to start your occupation off on the right foot in the exciting and rapidly expanding field of information technology. Luckily, the 9 minibooks in CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One For Dummies make it easier to prepare for this all-important exam so you can pass with flying colors! It quickly and easily gets you up to speed on everything from networking and computer repair to troubleshooting, security, permissions, customer service—and everything in between.
The CompTIA A+ test is a rigorous exam, but the experts who wrote this book know exactly what you need to understand in order to help you reach your certification goal. Fully updated for the latest revision of the exam, this comprehensive guide covers the domains of the exam in detail, reflecting the enhanced emphasis on hardware and new Windows content, as well as the nuts and bolts, like operating system basics, recovering systems, securing systems, and more.
• Find new content on Windows 8, Mac OS X, Linux, and mobile devices
• Get test-taking advice for the big day
• Prepare for the A+ exam with a review of the types of questions you'll see on the actual test
• Use the online test bank to gauge your knowledge—and find out where you need more study help
With the help of this friendly, hands-on guide, you'll learn everything necessary to pass the test, and more importantly, to succeed in your job!
6. Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software (7th Edition) standalone book (Pearson IT Cybersecurity Curriculum (ITCC))
Master IT hardware and software installation, configuration, repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting and fully prepare for the CompTIA® A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams.
This all-in-one textbook and lab manual is a real-world guide to learning how to connect, manage, and troubleshoot multiple devices in authentic IT scenarios. Thorough instruction built on the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exam objectives includes coverage of Linux, Mac, mobile, cloud, and expanded troubleshooting and security.
For realistic industry experience, the author also includes common legacy technologies still in the field along with non-certification topics like Windows 10 to make this textbook THE textbook to use for learning about today’s tools and technologies. In addition, dual emphasis on both tech and soft skills ensures you learn all you need to become a qualified, professional, and customer-friendly technician. Dozens of activities to help “flip” the classroom plus hundreds of labs included within the book provide an economical bonus–no need for a separate lab manual.
Learn more quickly and thoroughly with all these study and review tools:
- Learning Objectives provide the goals for each chapter plus chapter opening lists of A+ Cert Exam Objectives ensure full coverage of these topics
- Hundreds of photos, figures, and tables to help summarize and present information in a visual manner in an all-new full color design
- Practical Tech Tips give real-world IT Tech Support knowledge
- Soft Skills best practice advice and team-building activities in each chapter cover all the tools and skills you need to become a professional, customer-friendly technician in every category
- Review Questions, including true/false, multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and open-ended questions, assess your knowledge of the learning objectives
- Hundreds of thought-provoking activities to apply and reinforce the chapter content and “flip” the classroom if you want
- More than 140 Labs allow you to link theory to practical experience
- Key Terms identify exam words and phrases associated with each topic
- Detailed Glossary clearly defines every key term
- Dozens of Critical Thinking Activities take you beyond the facts to complete comprehension of topics
- Chapter Summary provides a recap of key concepts for studying
- Certification Exam Tips provide insight into the certification exam and preparation process
Practice tests are an excellent way for certification candidates to prepare for taking exams, and the well-crafted questions and detailed answers you'll find inside will help give you the confidence to succeed on exam day. With 100% coverage of Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902 objectives from hardware and networking to mobile devices and Windows operating systems, CompTIA A+ Practice Tests help you gauge your readiness — and hone your test-taking strategy — well in advance of exam day.
Designed to measure a candidate's competency with various hardware components and software operating systems, the A+ certification is the most popular entry-level IT certification around. CompTIA A+ Practice Tests provides nine unique practice tests—totaling 1,020 questions—that cover the nine CompTIA A+ objective domains you'll encounter in Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902. Plus, the book includes two additional 90-question practice exams (180 questions total). That's 1,200 practice test questions in all! You will also gain access to the Sybex interactive learning environment where you have access to all questions, and can create your own practice tests based on areas where further review is needed.
- Practice questions provide comprehensive coverage of the exam objectives
- An excellent study companion for anyone renewing their certification or taking it for the first time
- The 1,200 practice questions are organized into nine full-length tests
- Complements the CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide
Practice tests are among the most effective exam prep tools, practice with Sybex so you can be confident on exam day.
8. CompTIA A+ Certification Guide (220-901 and 220-902): An all-in-one study guide with full practice tests
Efficiently clear CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902 certification
- Your CompTIA A+ study companion to take the test with complete confidence
- Full practice tests with complete real-time progress
- Prepare smarter and faster with Packt Cert Series, customize your learning to strengthen your weak areas
The book is divided into two modules. The first course covers content for the CompTIA A+ exam 220-901 and about the second covers additional content for the CompTIA A+ 220-901.
In the first course, you will first begin with the understanding and installing CompTIA hardware required for CompTIA A+ 220-901. Next you will learn to use appropriate networking tools based on different scenarios. Toward the end you will learn about different domains such as Mobile Devices, Hardware and Network Troubleshooting.
In the second course you will look at how to install and configure an Operating System on a client/desktop, covering a range of mobile and network devices and platforms. Perform common preventive maintenance procedures using the appropriate Windows OS tools and you would also learn to perform the same tasks with other OS.
Finally you will learn about security best practices to secure a workstation and also troubleshoot any PC OS issues, application issues or security issues.
What you will learn
- Validate your skills and boost your career with CompTIA A+
- Learn all concepts raised by the A+ certification
- Understanding and installing CompTIA hardware required for CompTIA A+ 220-901.
- Install and configure an Operating System on a client/desktop, covering a range of mobile and network devices and platforms
- Learn how to secure a workstation and troubleshoot any security related issues
About the Author
Matthew Bennett is an award-winning trainer and author. He is also an IT consultant and has been working with Enterprise systems, notably Microsoft platforms, for 20 years. He is the author of the CompTIA Network+ Independent Study Guide, and this book is the second in his series that demonstrates real-world experience with vendor-led theory.
Matthew has worked with a large number of companies across the UK: Pearson, Global Knowledge, Leaping Man Group, and several others. Matthew is a cyber security specialist. His company, MBIT Training Ltd, is a leading national training provider focusing on Microsoft and CompTIA training across the UK for individuals and the corporate sector. This book gives him the opportunity to reach out to hundreds, if not thousands of people wanting that first step on the career ladder. What better way than with the A+ certification?
Table of Contents
- Hardware 1.1 (901.1)
- Hardware 1.2 (901.1)
- Hardware 1.3 (901.1)
- Networking (901.2)
- Mobile Devices (901.3)
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting (901.4)
- Windows Operating Systems (902.1)
- Other Operating Systems and Technologies (902.2)
- Security (902.3)
- Software Troubleshooting (902.4)
- Operational Procedures (902.5)
- Appendix A: Processor Table
- Appendix B: Answer Key
Thank you for reading my post. Please share this list if you like it.