Best Books to Learn Excel VBA
Everyone uses Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to do our work. It is a very useful application to make our life a lot easier. If you know excel but you don't know VBA programming language in excel, you are missing a lot of powerful features.
These books show you how to use VBA, write macros, customize your Excel apps to look and work the way you want, avoid errors, and more.
Here are the best Excel VBA books we recommended:
In order to take Excel to the next level, you need to understand and implement the power of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This 4th edition of Excel VBA Programming For Dummies introduces you to a wide array of new Excel options, beginning with the most important tools and operations for the Visual Basic Editor. Inside, you'll get the lowdown on the essential elements and concepts for programming with Excel, discover techniques for handling errors and exterminating bugs, working with range objects, controlling program flow, and much more.
With the release of Microsoft Office 2016, Excel will see changes in its operating system, and this fun, hands-on guide will make it easier than ever to harness the power of Visual Basic for Applications and create custom applications and macros on the world's most popular spreadsheet tool. Packed with friendly advice on the easiest ways to develop custom dialog boxes, toolbars, and menus, you'll be creating Excel applications custom-fit to your unique needs in no time at all!
- Provides step-by-step instructions for creating VBA macros to maximize productivity
- Helps to increase efficiency by demonstrating how to customize your applications so they look and work the way you want
- Fully updated for Excel 2016
- All sample programs, VBA code, and worksheets are available at dummies.com
If you're a beginning to intermediate VBA programmer looking to get up to speed on creating customized solutions with Excel applications, Excel VBA Programming For Dummies, 4th Edition makes it easier.
Maximize your Excel 2013 experience using VBA application development
The new Excel 2013 boasts updated features, enhanced power, and new capabilities. Naturally, that means John Walkenbach returns with a new edition of his bestselling VBA Programming book and covers all the methods and tools you need to know in order to program with Excel. With this comprehensive guide, "Mr. Spreadsheet" shows you how to maximize your Excel experience using professional spreadsheet application development tips from his own personal bookshelf.
Featuring a complete introduction to Visual Basic for Applications and fully updated for the latest features of Excel 2013, this essential reference includes an analysis of Excel application development and is packed with procedures, tips, and ideas for expanding Excel's capabilities with VBA.
- Offers an analysis of Excel application development and a complete introduction to VBA
- Features invaluable advice from "Mr. Spreadsheet" himself, bestselling author John Walkenbach, who demonstrates all the techniques you need to create Excel applications, both large and small
- Covers navigating the Excel interface, formatting worksheets, interacting with other Office applications, working with collaboration tools, and using sample workbooks and John Walkenbach's award-winning Power Utility Pak to help enhance your Excel skills
- Provides tips, tricks, and techniques for expanding Excel's capabilities with VBA that you wont find anywhere else
Excel 2013 Power Programming with VBA is packed with procedures, tips, and ideas for achieving Excel excellence with VBA.
Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA is fully updated to cover all the latest tools and tricks of Excel 2016. Encompassing an analysis of Excel application development and a complete introduction to Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), this comprehensive book presents all of the techniques you need to develop both large and small Excel applications. Over 800 pages of tips, tricks, and best practices shed light on key topics, such as the Excel interface, file formats, enhanced interactivity with other Office applications, and improved collaboration features. In addition to the procedures, tips, and ideas that will expand your capabilities, this resource provides you with access to over 100 online example Excel workbooks and the Power Utility Pak, found on the Mr. Spreadsheet website.
Understanding how to leverage VBA to improve your Excel programming skills can enhance the quality of deliverables that you produce—and can help you take your career to the next level.
- Explore fully updated content that offers comprehensive coverage through over 900 pages of tips, tricks, and techniques
- Leverage templates and worksheets that put your new knowledge in action, and reinforce the skills introduced in the text
- Access online resources, including the Power Utility Pak, that supplement the content
- Improve your capabilities regarding Excel programming with VBA, unlocking more of your potential in the office
Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA is a fundamental resource for intermediate to advanced users who want to polish their skills regarding spreadsheet applications using VBA.
4. Excel VBA: A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Learn and Understand Excel Visual Basic Applications (Volume 1)
Microsoft Excel VBA is a worthy program that not only enhances your experience with Excel but also enhances your programming skills.
Do You Want to Become An Expert Of Excel VBA?? Get this Book and Follow My Step by Step Explanations! Click Add To Cart Now!
Excel VBA saves time and money and makes data representation and intricate calculations simple and automated. Clearly, the unsung hero of Microsoft Office Excel, VBA, provides a host of solutions, which enable tasks to be completed without tediousness. The following text delves into five chapters of different aspects ofthe subject (illustrations included). These include IDE, loops, and clusters, Excel objects, and their operations, just to name a few. The language is also simplified so even a novice will be able to grasp the programming terms.
CHAPTER 1 PROGRAMMING BASICS
- HOW TO INSTALL AND ENABLE VBA
- VBA FUNCTIONS
- INPUT-OUTPUT: GETTING THE VARIABLES TO AND FROM THE VBA
- VBA SUB-PROCEDURES
- SUMMONING SUBROUTINES
- DIFFERENCES BETWEEN SUB-PROCEDURES AND FUNCTIONS
SEQUENTIAL ACCESS FILES
CHAPTER 2 VBA INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
- GETTING INTO IDE
- PROGRAMMING PARTS IN EXCEL
- HELP PROCEDURES WITH VBA
CHAPTER 3 STARTING PROGRAMS WITH VBA
- VARIABLES, CONSTANTS AND DATA TYPES
- DECLARATION OF VARIABLES
- OBJECT AND STANDARD MODULES
- VARIABLE SCOPE
- DATA TYPES
- STRING DATA
- NUMERICAL DATA MODES
- YIELD AND INPUT WITH VBA
- YIELDS WITH THE MSGBOX
CHAPTER 4 LOOPS AND GROUPS
- APPROVAL OF DATA
- APPROVAL WITH THE BOX WORK
- VALIDATION THROUGH THE SPREADSHEET CELL
- ONE DIMENSIONAL EXHIBIT
- DYNAMIC CLUSTERS
- MULTI-DIMENSIONAL ARRAYS
CHAPTER 5 EXCEL OBJECTS
- COLLECTION OBJECTS
- WORKSHEET OBJECT
- RANGE OBJECT
- WORKING WITH OBJECTS
- LOOPING THROUGH A RANGE
- UTILIZATION OF THE CELL PROPERTY
- OFFSET PROPERTY
- BASIC DEBUGGING OF DOCUMENT INPUT AND OUTPUT
Don't miss out on this new step by step guide to Excel VBA. Get your copy now to learn all about it!
MASTER CORE EXCEL 2016 TOOLS FOR BUILDING POWERFUL, RELIABLE SPREADSHEETS!
Use this guide to automate virtually any routine task: save yourself hours, days, maybe even weeks! Make Excel do things you thought were impossible, discover macro techniques you won’t find anywhere else, and create automated reports that are amazingly powerful. Bill Jelen and Tracy Syrstad help you instantly visualize information, so you can act on it… capture data from anywhere, and use it anywhere… automate Excel 2016’s best new features. You’ll find simple, step-by-step instructions, real-world case studies, and 50 workbooks packed with bonus examples, macros, and solutions–straight from MrExcel!
- Get started fast with Excel macro development
- Work efficiently with ranges, cells, and formulas
- Build super-fast applications with arrays
- Automate Excel’s new pivot table enhancements
- Collect user data with custom dialogs
- Make your macros more reliable and resilient
- Pull data from the Internet with web queries
- Use advanced classes, collections, and custom functions
- Build sophisticated business analysis solutions
- Read and write to Access or SQL Server databases
- Control other Office programs, and Windows itself
- Write code that also works on older Excel versions
- Start writing Office Store-style Excel Apps
About MrExcel Library
Every book in the MrExcel Library pinpoints a specific set of crucial Excel tasks and presents focused skills and examples for performing them rapidly and effectively. Selected by Bill Jelen, Microsoft Excel MVP and mastermind behind the leading Excel solutions website MrExcel.com, these books will
- Dramatically increase your productivity–saving you 50 hours a year or more
- Present proven, creative strategies for solving real-world problems
- Show you how to get great results, no matter how much data you have
- Help you avoid critical mistakes that even experienced users make
This book is part of Que’s Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Excel, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. See inside for details.
Excel 2016 All-in-One For Dummies, the most comprehensive Excel reference on the market, is completely updated to reflect Microsoft's changes in the popular spreadsheet tool. It offers you everything you need to grasp basic Excel functions, such as creating and editing worksheets, setting up formulas, importing data, performing statistical functions, editing macros with Visual Basic—and beyond. In no time, your Excel skills will go from 'meh' to excellent.
Written by expert Greg Harvey, who has sold more than 4.5 million copies of his previous books combined and has taught and trained extensively in Microsoft Excel, this all-encompassing guide offers everything you need to get started with Excel. From generating pivot tables and performing financial functions to performing error trapping and building and running macros—and everything in between—this hands-on, friendly guide makes working with Excel easier than ever before.
- Serves as the ideal reference for solving common questions and Excel pain points quickly and easily
- Helps to increase productivity and efficiency when working in Excel
- Fully updated for the new version of Excel
- Covers basic and more advanced Excel topics
If working in Excel occasionally makes you want to scream, this will be the dog-eared, dust-free reference you'll turn to again and again.