Best MCAT Prep Books For MCAT Prep Courses Study
Are you looking for the best study guide for MCAT?
Here are the list that we recommended:
1. MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2019-2020: Online + Book + 3 Practice Tests (Kaplan Test Prep)
Kaplan's MCAT Complete 7-Book Subject Review 2019-2020 offers an expert study plan, detailed subject review, and three full-length online practice tests – all authored by the experts behind the MCAT prep course that has helped more people get into medical school than all other major courses combined.
Prepping for the MCAT is a true challenge. Kaplan can be your partner along the way – offering guidance on where to focus your efforts and how to organize your review. MCAT Complete covers every topic on the official content lists, and the books in this set have been updated to match the AAMC's guidelines precisely—no more worrying if your MCAT review is comprehensive!
The Most Practice
- More than 350 questions in each book and access to even more online – more practice than any other MCAT set on the market.
- Comprehensive subject review is written by top-rated, award-winning Kaplan instructors.
- Full-color, 3-D illustrations from Scientific American, charts, graphs and diagrams help turn even the most complex science into easy-to-visualize concepts.
- All material is vetted by editors with advanced science degrees and by a medical doctor.
- Online resources, including three realistic practice tests, help you master the computer-based format you'll see on Test Day.
- High-yield badges throughout the books identify the top 100 topics most-tested by the AAMC.
- Full-color, 24-page Quicksheets emphasize the most important information in visual form.
- We know the test: The Kaplan MCAT team has spent years studying every MCAT-related document available.
- Kaplan's expert psychometricians ensure our practice questions and study materials are true to the test.
2. 7 Full-length MCAT Practice Tests: 5 in the Book and 2 Online: 1610 MCAT Practice Questions based on the AAMC Format
"Practice makes perfect!"
Well, to paraphrase Lombardi, perfection may not be attainable, but let’s chase it and achieve excellence! Now you can access seven (7) full-length MCAT practice tests: 5 complete exams in the book and 2 complete, different exams online. Practice, review, learn from our detailed explanations and then repeat the process with a different practice exam to follow your improvement.
At the time of publication, NO book provides more access to full-length MCAT practice tests! Get ready for a deep dive into the knowledge and reasoning necessary to obtain a great MCAT score with over 1600 MCAT practice questions with detailed explanations!
Answers and conversions to scaled scores
Helpful explanations with proven strategies
Interactive discussion boards for every question
Many solutions with multimedia background information
BONUS: Pull-out science summaries in color for Biochemistry, Physics, General and Organic Chemistry to help you key in on high-yield MCAT topics!
Among the 7 mock exams, subjects are balanced based on the current MCAT structure which includes: Psychology, Sociology, Biochemistry, Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS). These mock exams are also balanced according to the official AAMC structure: Timing, the number of questions per section, the number of passages per section, the number of ‘discrete’ questions per section, where the ‘discrete’ questions should be in each subsection, etc.
These 7 simulated Gold Standard (GS) MCAT practice tests include mock exams GS-1 to GS-5 in the book (these are identical to the online versions), while online access includes GS-6 and GS-7, as well as answers and explanations to all 7 exams.
Here are the key sections structured in this new book:
Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems
Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS)
Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems
Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior
A full-color, 32-page tear-out reference guide with the most important formulas, diagrams, and concepts for Biochemistry, Physics, General and Organic Chemistry.
Practice, review, learn and repeat the process with a different practice test to get a higher MCAT score! We are here to help!
Note: MCAT® is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), which neither sponsors nor endorses this product or our methodology.
Brought to you by MCAT Specialists for over twenty years - Examkrackers MCAT Study Package was designed to teach you how to think MCAT. We've written our materials with a dual voice: one voice that teaches all the content there is to know on the MCAT and a second voice that tells you how to approach this content when facing MCAT research style passages and questions.
The MCAT will ask you to apply biological, physical and social sciences simultaneously, so our team of doctors and admissions counselors have built in MCAT learning tools in the columns of every page that build your mental map for you, making crossing disciplines second nature.
Our books will teach you how to read (when to read throughly or leisurely brush through), the best times to read and how many times to read your MCAT material. This study format, combined with full mini-exam at the end of every chapter will ensure that the concepts on the MCAT come naturally to you on MCAT day.
What you will find in this six volume set:
[[Full review of all content tested on the MCAT
[[Proven test-taking strategies developed at Examkrackers
[[Instructive full color visuals on every page
[[Links between MCAT concepts across disciplines
[[24 questions within each lecture to reinforce the material
[[Simulated MCAT practice with thirty-two 30-minute topical exams in real MCAT format
The Complete Study Package Set includes all six Examkrackers MCAT preparatory manuals:
[[Reasoning Skills: Verbal, Research and Math
[[Biology 1 Molecules: Biochemistry
[[Biology 2 Systems
[[Psychology & Sociology
[[Chemistry: General and Organic Chemistry
5. Sterling Test Prep MCAT Physics Practice Questions: High Yield MCAT Physics Practice Questions with Detailed Explanations
· Force and motion
· Work and energy of point object systems
· Periodic motion
· Fluids and gas phase
· Electrostatics and magnetism
· Circuit elements
· Light and geometrical optics
· Atomic and nuclear structure
6. The Princeton Review MCAT Subject Review Complete Box Set, 3rd Edition: 7 Complete Books + 3 Online Practice Tests (Graduate School Test Preparation)
This boxed set includes:
· 7 complete books covering all parts of the MCAT: biology, biochemistry, organic chemistry, general chemistry, physics and math, psychology and sociology, and critical analysis and reasoning skills
· 3 full-length practice tests (accessible online) to help you benchmark your score
· In-depth subject review coverage of each of the challenging test subjects
· Thousands of practice questions in end-of-chapter review sections and MCAT-style practice passages
· Full-color illustrations, diagrams, and tables for easy visual comprehension
· Chapter summaries for quick review
· Strategic techniques and test-taking guidance to hone your ability to take the MCAT effectively
· Extensive glossaries in each book for immediate reference and review
· Online student tools for up-to-the-moment info on any late-breaking AAMC exam updates
The following individual titles are included in the Complete Set:
· MCAT Biochemistry Review
· MCAT Biology Review, 2nd Edition
· MCAT Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills Review, 2nd Edition
· MCAT General Chemistry Review, 3rd Edition
· MCAT Organic Chemistry Review, 3rd Edition
· MCAT Physics and Math Review, 3rd Edition
· MCAT Psychology and Sociology Review, 3rd Edition