Best High School Geometry Textbooks
If you're following a school or college program you'll be generally required to learn geometry.
here are some suggestions for best high school geometry books:
1. Geometry by Construction: Object Creation and Problem-solving in Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometries
A bestselling math book author takes what appears to be a typical geometry workbook, full of solved problems, and makes notes in the margins adding missing steps and simplifying concepts so that otherwise baffling solutions are made perfectly clear. By learning how to interpret and solve problems as they are presented in courses, students become fully prepared to solve any obscure problem. No more solving by trial and error!
Includes 1000 problems and solutions
Annotations throughout the text clarify each problem and fill in missing steps needed to reach the solution, making this book like no other geometry workbook on the market
The previous two books in the series on calculus and algebra sell very well
Need help with Geometry? Designed to replicate the services of a skilled private tutor, the new and improved Tutor in a Book's Geometry is at your service! TIB's Geometry is an extremely thorough, teen tested and effective geometry tutorial.
TIB’s Geometry includes more than 500 of the right, well-illustrated, carefully worked out and explained proofs and problems. Throughout TIB’s Geometry, there is ongoing, specific guidance as to the most effective solution and test taking strategies. Recurring patterns, which provide solutions to proofs, are pointed out, explained and illustrated using the visual aids that students find so helpful. Also included are dozens of graphic organizers, which help students understand, remember and recognize the connections between concepts.
TIB’s author Jo Greig intended this book to level the playing field between the students who have tutors and those that don't. As a long time, very successful private mathematics tutor and teacher, Jo Greig knew exactly how best to accomplish this! TIB’s Geometry 294 pages are packed with every explanation, drawing, hint and memory tool possible! Not only does it have examples of the right proofs and problems, it also manages to impart every bit of the enthusiasm that great tutors impart to their private tutoring students. Ms. Greig holds a bachelors' degree in mathematics. Dr. J. Shiletto, the book's mathematics editor, holds a Ph.D in mathematics.
Hollywood actress and math whiz Danica McKellar has completely shattered the “math nerd” stereotype. For years, she’s been showing girls how to feel confident and ace their math classes – with style! With Girls Get Curves, she applies her winning techniques to high school geometry, giving readers the tools they need to feel great and totally “get” everything from congruent triangles to theorems, and more. Inside you’ll find:
· Time-saving tips and tricks for homework and tests
· Illuminating practice problems (and proofs!) with detailed solutions
· Totally relatable real-world examples
· True stories from Danica’s own life as an actress and math student
· A Troubleshooting Guide, for getting unstuck during even the trickiest proofs!
With Danica as a coach, girls everywhere can stop hiding from their homework and watch their scores rise!
7. Common Core High School: Geometry Secrets Study Guide: CCSS Test Review for the Common Core State Standards Initiative
This Common Core High School: Geometry study guide includes practice test questions. Our study guide contains easy-to-read essential summaries that highlight the key areas of the Common Core High School: Geometry test. Mometrix's Common Core High School: Geometry test study guide reviews the most important components of the Common Core High School: Geometry exam.
The Common Core High School: Geometry Exam is extremely challenging, and thorough test preparation is essential for success. Common Core High School: Geometry Exam Secrets Study Guide is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass the Common Core High School: Geometry.
Not only does it provide a comprehensive guide to the Common Core High School: Geometry Exam as a whole, it also provides practice test questions as well as detailed explanations of each answer.
Common Core High School: Geometry Exam Secrets Study Guide includes:
- A thorough review of the Common Core High School: Geometry.
- An examination of congruence
- A breakdown of similarity, right triangles, and trigonometry
- An analysis of circles
- A detailed overview of expressing geometric properties with equations
- An in-depth look at geometric measurement and dimension
- Comprehensive practice questions with detailed answer explanations
- and more...
It's filled with the critical information you'll need in order to do well on the test: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that the individual state school boards expects you to have mastered before sitting for the exam.
The Congruence section covers:
- Point and line
- Compass and a straightedge
The Similarity, Right Triangles, and Trigonometry section covers:
- Proving the Pythagorean Theorem using similar triangles
- Using cosine to solve problems involving right triangles
- Using the Law of Sines and Cosines
The Circles section covers:
- Construction of a circle inscribed in a triangle
- Deriving the formula for the area of a sector
The Expressing Geometric Properties with Equations section covers:
- Identify the equation of a parabola given a focus and directrix
- Using coordinates to find the area of a figure
The Geometric Measurement and Dimension section covers:
- Formula for the area of a circle
- Formula for the volume of a cone
- Cavalieri's principle
These sections are full of specific and detailed information that will be key to passing the Common Core High School: Geometry Exam. Concepts and principles aren't simply named or described in passing, but are explained in detail. The guide is laid out in a logical and organized fashion so that one section naturally flows from the one preceding it. Because it's written with an eye for both technical accuracy and accessibility, you will not have to worry about getting lost in dense academic language.
- Common Core High School: Geometry test prep book that provides a comprehensive review for the Common Core High School: Geometry test.
- Common Core High School: Geometry exam prep that will help you elevate your Common Core High School: Geometry test score.
- Common Core High School: Geometry practice test questions and much more...