Best Calligraphy Books For Beginners
Here are the best calligraphy books available in the market that will help you the most to learn Calligraphy.
Learn to letter!
Learn to letter and create beautiful designs with this beginner's guide and workbook! Every page is filled with tips, tricks encouragement and practice space to kickstart your lettering journey! Learn 5 different alphabet styles, upper and lower case letters, practice connections and dive into design and composition with this beautiful lettering book. At the end of this book, there are also 15 beautiful lettering projects to help you bring together your knowledge and skill and help you begin to create beautiful works of art! You can do this!! Let us teach you how to upgrade your handwriting and learn this amazing and fun form of art
The Book Contains:
- Learn five different alphabet styles
- Upper and lower case letters
- Detailed instructions
- 15 beautiful lettering projects
Learn script calligraphy from an in-demand calligrapher and wedding invitation designer
Calligraphy is about creating something uniquely beautiful, whether to celebrate a special occasion like marriage or to use every day in the form of stationery. Author Molly Suber Thorpe, an award-winning designer and calligrapher based in Los Angeles, works closely with her international clients to give them the distinctive products they're looking for. Now you can learn from this experienced expert how to master this fresh modern lettering style.
The first book to teach this bold new style breaks the calligraphy process down into simple steps so anyone can learn to create their own stunning wedding invitations, thank you cards, gift tags, and more. Starting with an overview of the supplies―from paper to ink to pens―you will learn how to form letters, words, and then phrases by following Molly's clear step-by-step instructions, and by practicing with the provided templates. After mastering letter forms using a pointed pen and ink you can take it to the next level by learning how to use watercolor and gouache, or how to digitize your calligraphy.
The twenty projects in the book provide lots of inspiration for making your own and are grouped into three sections: weddings, entertainment, and personal stationery. With loads of ideas, practice exercises, and helpful tips, soon you will be turning out gorgeous script calligraphy pieces like the ones featured in wedding magazines and popular websites like Pinterest.
3. Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Notepad: Beginner Practice Workbook & Introduction to Lettering & Calligraphy (Practice Makes Perfect Series) (Volume 1)
2018 GIFT IDEAS | CRAFTS, HOBBIES & HOME | CALLIGRAPHY & LETTERING
This Hand Lettering & Calligraphy Notebook contains four styles of lettering with practice pages to help begin to work on and perfect your strokes. Designed to feature many styles of calligraphy and hand lettering, this book is perfect whether you are an expert or just a beginner. The book is printed on a beautifully designed matte cover and contains 60 pound smooth interior stock perfect for lettering practice.
- Printed on bright white, smooth paper
- Premium matte cover finish
- Perfect for all lettering mediums
- High quality 60 pound (90gsm) paper stock
- Large format 8.5" x 11.0" (215mm x 280mm) pages
Ever wanted to learn modern calligraphy lettering but didn't know where to begin?
"Modern Calligraphy: A beginner's guide to pointed pen and brush pen lettering" includes everything you need to started. This book will cover many of the tools and basics needed to learn pointed pen calligraphy and brush lettering as well as instructions on how to create your own distinct styles.
This spiral bound book provides 109 pages of lettering tips and guides. The lay flat feature will allow you to get endless practice to master lettering. Not only will you get multiple ways to trace each letter, this book also includes extra instructions on how to create bubble lettering, add shadows to letters, and create flourishes.
Note: This listing is for the book only. Does not come with supplies. Recommended brush pen to get started: Tombow Fudenosuke hard tip brush pen.
What's included in the book:
- Instructions on how to create your OWN distinct style of lettering by varying slant, changing spacing, or adding bounce
- Suggested tools for pointed pen and brush lettering (including a list of my favorite pens, papers, nibs)
- The basics of upstrokes, downstrokes, and common shapes
- Lettering guides with 3 ways to write each letter of the alphabet (includes step by step instructions for each stroke)
- Includes 20+ distinct examples of how to write each of the capital letters as well as 10+ distinct ways to write each lowercase letter
- Includes extra instructions on how to create bubble lettering, add shadows to letters, and create flourishes
- A list of resources on where to find supplies online
5. Lettering & Calligraphy: Workbook to Learn Hand Lettering Brush Lettering and Mo (Lettering & Modern Calligraphy)
Flaunt that Font!With a little practice in this workbook, you’ll be able to create beautiful, custom lettering designs in no time.
- Easy to follow instructions
- Learn multiple styles
- Perfect for beginners or novices
- 15 Fun practice projects at the end of the book!
A basic, how-to book for beginners featuring 5 popular fonts or hands, Italic, Uncial, Foundational, Gothic, and Casual Pointed Pen, shown in step-by-step detail. The author, an experienced teacher of calligraphy, builds the letters, numbers, and punctuation, giving over 300 photos for each style, so beginners can see the strokes, how the pen is held, and how the characters take form. Pens, papers, inks—all the tools are covered along with necessary techniques, so beginners can use this workbook approach to build mastery of a full range of hands—from the oldest, most traditional to contemporary—quickly and confidently.
7. Calligraphy Practice Notebook: Upper and Lowercase Calligraphy Alphabet for Letter Practice, 8" x 10",20.32 x 25.4 cm, 124 pages, 60 practice pages, ... case, Soft Durable Matte Cover (Classic)
- Upper and Lowercase Calligraphy Alphabet Pages for Lettering Practice.
- Durable matte cover.
- 124 pages, 31 practice pages per Letter case.
- Measures 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm).
- Designed in USA.
9. Brush Lettering from A to Z: A Fun and Comprehensive Guide to Creating Modern Calligraphy with a Brush Pen
- The author takes you from brush lettering basics to its amazing possibilities!
- Start with the staple strokes that are the foundation of brush lettering, then progress to forming letters, words, and finished pieces.
- Learn different lettering styles and how to combine them.
The art of calligraphy doesn’t teach you how to write words, but instead, how to draw them. With this book’s fun and playful approach, you will not only improve your handwriting skills, you’ll have an absolute blast while doing so! You’ll learn everything from A to Z, including how to make letterforms, mix inks and develop a unique lettering style.
Follow the clear and easy instructions with countless helpful tips. Before you know it, you’ll be creating beautiful projects, such as:
• Wonderful thank-you notes & properly addressed envelopes
• Flourished tags & cards for special occasions
• Unique signatures & autographs
• Personalized gifts & keepsakes
• Fun logos & monograms