1) A careful study of CoDA's Patterns & Characteristics;
2) A look at The Five Stages of Recovery to see where I was in them;
3) A grounding in Sternberg's nine types of love;
4) This article on an existential view of romantic love;
5) Pia Mellody's *Facing Love Addiction *, especially with respect to the flip flop from addiction to avoidance.
6) Anne Wilson Schaef's *Escape from Intimacy * on the same topic;
7) Barry & Jane Weinhold's *Flight from Intimacy * on the same topic;
8) CoDA meetings;
9) Every so often rereading this article further quoting a young Krishnamurti on being alone vs, being lonely.
10) The practice of these 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing so that one is able to continue to see what is going on and know what to do about it.
cc: u/nekroid, u/Dourownhomework
Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way you Love provides a very good foundation.
Suggested: Two books by Pia Mellody and two books by Barry & Janae Weinhold:
Facing Love Addiction
Breaking Free of the Co-Dependency Trap
The Flight from Intimacy