CompTIA A+ Certification Guide (220-901 and 220-902): An all-in-one study guide with full practice tests
About This Book
Efficiently clear CompTIA 220-901 and 220-902 certification
- Your CompTIA A+ study companion to take the test with complete confidence
- Full practice tests with complete real-time progress
- Prepare smarter and faster with Packt Cert Series, customize your learning to strengthen your weak areas
The book is divided into two modules. The first course covers content for the CompTIA A+ exam 220-901 and about the second covers additional content for the CompTIA A+ 220-901.
In the first course, you will first begin with the understanding and installing CompTIA hardware required for CompTIA A+ 220-901. Next you will learn to use appropriate networking tools based on different scenarios. Toward the end you will learn about different domains such as Mobile Devices, Hardware and Network Troubleshooting.
In the second course you will look at how to install and configure an Operating System on a client/desktop, covering a range of mobile and network devices and platforms. Perform common preventive maintenance procedures using the appropriate Windows OS tools and you would also learn to perform the same tasks with other OS.
Finally you will learn about security best practices to secure a workstation and also troubleshoot any PC OS issues, application issues or security issues.
What you will learn
- Validate your skills and boost your career with CompTIA A+
- Learn all concepts raised by the A+ certification
- Understanding and installing CompTIA hardware required for CompTIA A+ 220-901.
- Install and configure an Operating System on a client/desktop, covering a range of mobile and network devices and platforms
- Learn how to secure a workstation and troubleshoot any security related issues
About the Author
Matthew Bennett is an award-winning trainer and author. He is also an IT consultant and has been working with Enterprise systems, notably Microsoft platforms, for 20 years. He is the author of the CompTIA Network+ Independent Study Guide, and this book is the second in his series that demonstrates real-world experience with vendor-led theory.
Matthew has worked with a large number of companies across the UK: Pearson, Global Knowledge, Leaping Man Group, and several others. Matthew is a cyber security specialist. His company, MBIT Training Ltd, is a leading national training provider focusing on Microsoft and CompTIA training across the UK for individuals and the corporate sector. This book gives him the opportunity to reach out to hundreds, if not thousands of people wanting that first step on the career ladder. What better way than with the A+ certification?
Table of Contents
- Hardware 1.1 (901.1)
- Hardware 1.2 (901.1)
- Hardware 1.3 (901.1)
- Networking (901.2)
- Mobile Devices (901.3)
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting (901.4)
- Windows Operating Systems (902.1)
- Other Operating Systems and Technologies (902.2)
- Security (902.3)
- Software Troubleshooting (902.4)
- Operational Procedures (902.5)
- Appendix A: Processor Table
- Appendix B: Answer Key