Below are some of the resources i have been using/used:
A brilliant introduction to systems thinking by John Sterman who is a legend in the field.
Systems Concepts In Action by Bob Williams and Richard Hummelbrunner
Research Papers/Book Extracts:
A Definition of Systems Thinking: A Systems Approach by Ross D. Arnold, Jon P. Wade
Soft systems methodology: a thirty year retrospective by Peter Checkland
Guidelines for Drawing Causal Loop Diagrams By: Daniel H. Kim The Systems Thinker, Vol 3, No 1, pp5-6 (Feb 1992)
More at: https://thesystemsthinker.com/
A brief guide to interactive planning and idealized design by Russel Ackoff
Application of soft systems methodology to the real world process of teaching and learning by Nandish V. Patel
An Application of Checkland’s Soft Systems Methodology to the Development of a Military Information Operations Capability for the Australian Defence Force by R. J. Staker
Defining innovation: Using soft systems methodology to approach the complexity of innovation in educational technology by Glenda Cox
The viable system model: A briefing about organisational structure by Raul Espejo
Complex Adaptive Systems by JASON BROWNLEE
Sustainability, complexity and learning: insights from complex systems approaches by A. Espinosa, T. Porter
Stafford Beer’s Viable System Model An Interpretation By Trevor Hilder
Principles of the self-organizing system by W. Ross Ashby
Guidance on applying the viable system model by Sandra Hildbrand Shamim Bodhanya
Embracing Human Experience in Applied Systems-Thinking by José-Rodrigo Córdoba-Pachón
The Need for a Systemic Approach to Change Management—A Case Study by Guangming Cao, Steve Clarke and Brian Lehaney
I have just included titles and authors, not direct download links to the PDF as unsure about copyrights. Some of my copies of the PDF are stamped with the date-time i downloaded. My email is in my profile if you want more.
- You are talking about the application of general systems theory.
- For general systems theory: An Introduction to General Systems Thinking by Gerald M. Weinberg
- For systems thinking and the learning organization:
The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization by Peter Senge
- There is a great course that covers soft systems methodology, specifically to solve social problems: https://www.plusacumen.org/courses/systems-practice
- Habits of a systems thinker: https://www.watersfoundation.org/systems-thinking-tools-and-...
- Systems thinking resources: http://donellameadows.org/systems-thinking-resources/
* Update added additional resources.